Sunday, February 6, 2011

Resurrection of the Blog


Today, I resurrected my Blog. Read it if you like. Leave if you have other things to do. It is perfect either way.

Sometimes I feel that the falling snowflakes are the ashes of ghosts. Why else would they be so quiet on their way down?

I can see no such thing out the kitchen window today. It is another forest-gray morning in Seattle, good for drinking coffee and fishing for insights.
A large tawny cat saunters down the sidewalk across the street. I call him the Puma Cat. He lives with our neighbors up the block but seems to pledge allegiance to no one in particular. He is friendly to anyone and rushes towards you to rub his cheeks on your shins. Right now, there is no one to rub up against and he just stands there, with the Buddha-like look of neither comprehension nor incomprehension.

I hear people talk about "unconditional love" that pets give them. I wonder if it is just the opposite. It is the "unconditional love" they feel towards their pets. The kind of love they seem unable to feel towards our fellow humans; yet, the kind of love they sorely yearn to feel.



No comments: